Braised Pork with 5 Spices
Pair with Palo Cortado
Part of the trio pairing menu from Copa Jerez 2015 Danish participants Thanyakarn Phureephatthakul and Simon Bertelsen, this Palo Cortado pairing is a main dish featuring pork braised with 5 spices and accompanied by crispy peas.
serving and consuming
Pairing Palo Cortado with food
"Meditation wine," ideal to be slowly appreciated, to become totally immersed in the full range of well balanced sensations this exceptional wine has to offer. It may accompany nuts, cured cheeses and, at the table, the more concentrated consommés, stews and gelatinous meats (bull's tail, cheeks...)
Palo Cortado fast facts
- Alcoholic content between 17 & 22% vol.
- Sugar < 5 gr. / litre (normally < 1 gr. / litre)
- Total Acidity (tartaric) 4 - 6 gr. / litre
- Volatile Acidity (acetic) < 0,8 gr. / litre
- High in Gylcerine Content 8 - 10 gr. / litre
Share this Recipe
Stay up to date on the lastest news from the Sherry region and events taking place near you.