Part of the trio pairing menu from Copa Jerez 2015 German participants Riccardo Asti and Guido Walter, this Palo Cortado pairing features braised bison cheeks and black rice risotto, accompanied by courgette blossoms with wasabi, beetroot, and ginger.
serving and consuming
Pairing Palo Cortado with food
"Meditation wine," ideal to be slowly appreciated, to become totally immersed in the full range of well balanced sensations this exceptional wine has to offer. It may accompany nuts, cured cheeses and, at the table, the more concentrated consommés, stews and gelatinous meats (bull's tail, cheeks...)
Palo Cortado fast facts
- Alcoholic content between 17 & 22% vol.
- Sugar < 5 gr. / litre (normally < 1 gr. / litre)
- Total Acidity (tartaric) 4 - 6 gr. / litre
- Volatile Acidity (acetic) < 0,8 gr. / litre
- High in Gylcerine Content 8 - 10 gr. / litre
Share this Recipe
Stay up to date on the lastest news from the Sherry region and events taking place near you.